Brief Specifications : -
1. 4 LAN ports
2. WiFi 802.11 b/g/n enabled
3. 1 ADSL port
Internet Configuration : -
To configure the modem connect it properly as shown in our post General Configuration for DSL Modems
1. Open the browser and type the IP address 192.168.1.1 and hit Enter.On being prompted, enter Username : admin, Password : admin and hit Enter to login to the Modem's Configuration Interface.
2. Click on Interface Setup --> Internet in the top navigation bar.
Enter VPI and VCI values as provided by the Service provider in the ATM VC section.
In Encapsulation section, select ISP : PPPoE
In the PPPoE/PPPoA section, enter Service name : Your ISP name,
Username : Your Broadband Username
Password : Your Broadband Password
Finally Click on Save.Keep other options untouched.
1. To configure the Wireless Settings in a secure manner, click on Wireless in the top navigation menu.
2. In the Access Point Settings, click on Activated.
3. In Multiple SSID settings, enter SSID : Your WiFi Network name (You may put any alphanumeric string here that will show up as your WiFi)
Authentication type : WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK
4. In the Pre-Shared Key field, enter your preferred WiFi password.
5. In the Wireless MAC Address Filter section, select Deactivated.
Click on Save at the bottom of the page to finalize the Wireless configuration.
Save & Reboot the Modem :
To finalize the configuration, click on Maintenance --> SysRestart.
Select System Restart with : Current Settings and click on Restart.
Update on some common issues with this modem :
- Can't login to the modem using even default username : admin and default password : admin
A word of caution : Before going for the hard reset, please make sure you have the configurations data ,i.e., Broadband username, password, VPI, VCI values for your ISP, since resetting reverts the modem configuration to Factory default and you need to configure it all over again as detailed above for putting it to work.
- WiFi range very low or WiFi not connecting